Things to Prepare when Traveling to Thailand written by: karencalpito Vacation season is just around the corner and families are preparing on where to go and what to do. There are the obvious choices such as going to the beach or camping in the mountains. Some prefer something different like skiing or hiking. Others really take it up a notch by going one a week cruise in the Caribbean. However, if you have the time and money to spare, then best option is to travel. When it comes to vacations abroad, traveling to Thailand should be at the very top of everybody’s list.
Where to Go
The Kingdom of Thailand is a country in Southeast Asia and is bordered by Laos, Malaysia, and Cambodia. It is a haven for travelers with its numerous sights, fantastic beaches, amazing food, breath-taking mountains, and extremely fascinating culture. It is both exotic and safe and there is always something for anyone regardless of tastes and budget.
Some of the more popular tourist destinations in Thailand are:
* Railay Beach – One of the best beaches in Thailand with its crystal clear waters and sandy, white beaches.
* Koh Phi Phi – One of Thailand’s most popular resort areas. Swim with the monkey’s at Monkey Beach.
* The Grand Palace, Bangkok – The number one tourist attraction in Bangkok.
* Chang Mai’s Sunday Night Walking Street – The place to go for cheap and delicious food. Have a taste of true Thai flavors.
* Pai – Temples, waterfalls, mountains, and delicious food.
* Kaho yai National Park – thinking of Thailand means Elephants. This is the place to see them in their natural habitat.
Things to Prepare
If you’re ready to go traveling to Thailand, then there are a couple of things that you need to prepare first. Since this is a country that is entirely different from what you are accustomed to, you might end up being shocked so it is best to ready a couple of things.
* It is best to travel light. The country is very humid so don’t carry too much luggage as it will only make the heat worst.
* Pack toiletries especially tissues. You’ll notice that Thailand is severely lacking when it comes to napkins. Also, while the food may be delicious, there will always be one or two items that won’t agree with your stomach so it is best to be always prepared.
* Bottled water is a must. While the food is good, drinking water is a bit questionable. It is best to buy bottled water even if it costs a bit rather than spend your entire vacation in the bathroom or, worse, the hospital.
* Eat cheap by trying the street foods. If you want to taste what Thai cuisine really, street food is the way to go. It saves you a ton of money as well and will be the some of the most delicious things you will ever eat.
Different Sights, Different Cultures
The world is a huge place and even for the well-traveled, they’ve probably seen less than half and experienced less than a quarter. Going to a different country is a very good experience as you get to experience sights, sounds, aromas, tastes, and cultures that you have never seen before. The world is such a diverse place and is teeming with different people and experiences. If we stay cooped up in our own little place, we’ll be seeing the same things over and over.